Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vacation Meltdown Continued

Remember when you were in middle school and you wanted to go to the teen dance, but didn't want your parents to drop you off? You didn't want anyone to see you show up in the 1984 maroon Volvo station wagon that didn't have any seals in the windows? No? Just me? Too specific? I guess I still have a little bit of that left in me.

I kind of liked the idea that I was normal. ish. My Mom has been around Chad's family twice. For short periods of time. Nothing like a week. The 7th grader in me is fearful of the un-cool quotient that is about to occur. Except this time, I can't get back at anyone by grinding with a boy in the middle of the school gymnasium. Well, I guess I could, but who would care? It would be Chad. That's old news. I guess I feel like this is all sort of rushing at me too quickly. They've only known me 5 years. I think this is moving to quickly. Maybe we should take a break. (that second part just comes out after the first part out of old habits)

Truth is, I enjoyed riding the wave of normal. Chad's family is just plain normal. That's sort of what scares me. Is that they will have to interact with my family. I mean, I guess it won't be THAT bad after the birth process. There's a lot less vagina involved this time...well, a whole lot less of mine at least. I can't guarantee that the word won't escape certain people's lips. <- haha

Between the 12 times that I have had to tell my Mom that the bedrooms will have to be decided when we get there out of logistics of 2 dogs and a kid, she still continues to ask. Why? Because she wants the king bed with the master bath. She's also convinced our house has an elevator? I guess I am at my grrrr point because for the past week she has been sending me links to my email, to which I am like OHHH! EMAIL FOR ME!!! to see it's a link to look at a freaking front door. To which I respond, "I like that one, I am out. Please stop asking me about this. I do not care." To which she responds, "Imagine what it's like to be me and have to pick out a door you don't really like, and then have to spend money on it." To which I reply, "Imagine not caring, AND it's not your door."

I just hope this vacation isn't filled with quandaries about front doors, and suggestions on the things I shouldn't be doing with Charlie. Chad and I need a vacation. I want her to be there, but I want her to be normal. If I said that to her, she would be like "I AM NORMAL. THIS IS HOW ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE!"

Freak out level: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment