Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Politics

Politics. I find them annoying. The awkward discussions and pauses while people politely collect themselves. Lame. I know where I fall in my own political views. I don't need Joe Schlomo telling me his/her beliefs. Even if they are the same ones as my own. Maybe I am just crankily pregnant, but I just don't want to hear about it. I can't stand the idea of leaving a news channel on ALL DAY LONG. I would go insane. The same things over and over again, with the new introduction of some angry political commentator every 4 hours. Perhaps that's what has happened over the years, people have indeed, gone insane from watching their news programming all day long. Today I had a conversation like this.
A: It's just how republicans are. Always taking aim at someone, placing judgements people, and not liking anyone that doesn't fit into one of their categories.
Me: Yes. I know. However, I don't see how that has anything to do with our conversation. You know where I fall in the political spectrum, and yet you still continually verbally assault me with information about the other party. We are on the same team. Unless you are planning some sort of cross burning or something, I don't see the need to discuss it. I think you watch the news too much. You are the Democratic version of the Republicans you despise so much.
A: I don't watch that much news any more. I don't like people coming into my house and telling me about their beliefs. Like the guy that was going to paint my house. I didn't call him back. He was too opinionated. I did tell the lady at the meat market he was too opinionated and that's why I didn't use his services. Further more, I don't take kindly to someone saying, "I watch too much neeeeews!"
Me: Forget I said anything. I just don't want to talk about that stuff all the time.

This is a conversation I had today. I think most of you can guess who this conversation took place with. I don't care where you fall in the political spectrum, I just don't like zealots. Political opinions should be like essays. 1,000 words or less, and available for me on my own time.

I am living on Carnation Instant Breakfast, and intermittitent mouthfulls of vomit, and an overwhelming feeling I'm about to poop. I've never seen Lord Of The Rings(because it's about 7 hours long), but I imagine there is a scene in the movie... A scene where the world implodes, and that ring, huge feet, some trees, a tractor, a travel mug, yarn, and a lot of weird movie dust all end up in a tornado vortex that just keeps getting larger filled with more unknown things. That's what I am feeling right now.

3 months until we stop being polite with the Army, and start getting real. The Real World. Hopefully it's not in Fayetteville. However, you can see my sheer lack of want to listen to people rant about ANYTHING political...Unless it's about Herman Cain, because that guy just makes me laugh. OR the fact that the front runner right now has a last name that in "slang" will leave you speechless.

Santorum. Google it. Then forget I told you to.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I miss Cain. He was good for a laugh!


    That slang was started just because of Santorum being an ass hole...so the guy from Savage Love started it just so it would come up when you googled Santorum. GENIUS.

    Santorum is from about 10 miles from where I live. (shhh don't repeat that, it is embarassing)

    ReplyDelete