Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update on My Health

Ok. Update on my health status.

The blood pressure grey zone....

Last night we went to labor and delivery and were there for 3 hours for observation. After my doctors appointment on Monday, my doctor said to come in immediately if I had a headache...sure enough I developed one. They hooked me up to a blood pressure cuff and monitors for Charlie. My blood pressure bounced all over the place but seemed to be consistently above 130/95. I've had readings around 141/109 and so therefor I am kinda in a bit of a dangerous place. The problem is that I am too high risk to be just a regualr OBGYN patient, and I am not at risk enough to be in labor and delivery. So, here we stay.

Being pregnant is a lot of things. Glamorous is not one of them. Due to the increased blood pressure, the docotor ordered a 24 hour urine test. Let me explain what this is...You get a bucket to put on the toilet, and a huge bright orange jug. Every time you pee for 24 hours you catch it and put it in the jug. Since we had to go to labor and delivery, I had to bring my jug with me and continue doing the test if i had to pee while at the L&D department. It was to remove any last shreds of dignity I had left before Charlie comes.

So, test results have come back and my liver and everything are good and Charlie is good...but my headache is WORSE. I feel selfish for being concerned about my own health. But, in all honesty this headache is so bad i can't imagine pushing and delivering with it. I am on bed rest and i just keep crying because my head hurts soooooo bad. I want relief but I dont want to go back to Labor and Delivery just to be sent home after 3 hours and being EXTRA uncomfortable for nothing.

I am just miserable.

I feel guilty for feeling worried about myself.

Charlie is VERY healthy though.

So, if my blood pressure stays how it is. I will be induced next Friday. I go in tomorrow for more blood pressure tests, and then next week pretty much every day leading up to Friday. That's all I got. I am not proofing this because my head hurts. Deal with it.

3 comments:

  1. L, I've SO been there, I feel for you! When my BP went up, I felt kinda like I was a ticking time bomb. And you feel so helpless, in addition to feeling TERRIBLE. Been thinking about you good day, sending good energy your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I drank so much during my 24-hour pee test that I couldn't fit the last elimination into the orange jug. Totally demoralizing. Ken was like, "Oh, no wonder you have to go to the bathroom all the time! You just peed like a gallon in 24 hours!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Liz...you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and before you know it, little Charlie will be here, and you will forget all about this misery that was the end of your pregnancy! :) Thinking about you and wishing you very well! Please keep us posted...I can't wait to see pics of Charlie!!!

    ReplyDelete