Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Readers

     Let's have a heart to heart. I decided to start this blog as a way to work through all the things that life has thrown at me. It is a version of therapy. While this blog can't always convey tone, it is meant to be light hearted and funny. I am a real person, with real things that have happened to me. I write about the things I know. It may be hard for some people to understand why I chose this forum. For me, this not only allows me to explore my past and future, but allows me share those feelings with other people. I enjoy making others laugh, and I enjoy knowing that others identify and relate.

      I graduated from college with a degree in Art. Artists have a need to explore and discuss the things around them that they see and experience. As a viewer, you have the ability and the right to not show up, or show up and discuss it. It is a conversation with the world around you. I happen to have my conversations with you. Right here. Right now. You should to come to this site with an open mind and the ability to decipher between quick whit, and evil mis-doings.  I love who I am. I love that I am pregnant and so many things are resurfacing as I work my way to motherhood. I have some awesome memories from growing up!  I love my family. They gave me the sense of humor that has helped me to enjoy writing this blog so much. My Mother is a kick ass person. My father is pretty much the coolest dude ever. They made me who I am today. A woman that speaks my mind, reaches out to others, and finds new ways to explore who I am.

      Without my family I would not be the person I am today. I am forever grateful for picking me up from the depths of despair, and helping me to the other side. I will forever have family on my side. While it may be complicated and complex to understand, I am not writing this out of a hateful or mean place. If it is too much to take in, or offensive to you, please feel free to not click on the links.

3 comments:

  1. Well said. As a writer, I can attest to the fact that your family members are often the ones who "don't get it." I write fiction, and other than my grandma, my family works on a basic don't-ask-don't-tell policy. They assume I'm writing something they won't understand or offend them, and I don't volunteer any information. Blogs are harder, because you WANT to talk about personal stuff, but I find myself in a place now where I am not as free to be me because people I know and love read.

    For instance, I've been banned from using the word "mofo" on my blog by a brother-in-law. And what word do you think I am tempted to type in EVERY SINGLE ENTRY? Yeah. Go figure.

    Keep on! Writing is therapy! Long live Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. There are many times I wish i could express myself the way you do. Keep doing what you do and know you are always loved by me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom forever changed the course of our lives for the better when she helped Shawn and I out with Maura, and your dad quietly supported her, our paths rarely crossing (as your ghost description aptly captured him). Your parents are stellar, and that's not only clear to me because I know and adore them, but because you are pretty cool too ;)

    p.s. I, too, refuse to accept any spelling of 'restraunt' and 'mideval.'

    ReplyDelete