Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Thank You

I'm seriously at a loss for words.

Which let's face it, for me, is not very often.

Life keeps on teaching me new things, and with that being said, it grows sweeter by the day.

I haven't been surprised since my 15th birthday. No one gets anything past me. This weekend, not only did I get a wonderful surprise, I had a friendship concreted in stone. I could sit down and write a thank you note to the two of you, but this seems like a much more appropriate way to tell you how grateful I am to have you in our lives.

We met Ally and Aaron while we were still living in England. We went to a Halloween party where I was dressed up as a "rock of love" girl and Chad was Brett Michaels. I got a little "rock of love" with my drinking, but in the process I told Ally my name was Tabitha. I seem to do that quite a bit. Weird. Anyways, back to the story. Chad, Ally, and Aaron all came together to surprise me with a visit from Ally! On a random Thursday, she just walked into my kitchen. She flew all the way from Kansas to come see me.

Sometimes it's not about how long you've known someone, it's about how they make you feel. They are such open-minded, free spirited, giving, grounded and centered people. I always feel like I can say the exact words that are in my head and mouth, without fear of offending them. They in turn, make me feel like a semi-rockstar. I am so happy to be around them. We have had awesome dinners together, and I feel like we have enriched each other's lives.

Ally and Aaron bought us our crib. THEY BOUGHT OUR CRIB. It brings tears to my eyes just typing it. I feel so close to them, and by her coming to visit and by Aaron letting us stay with him while we transitioned out of England, I know they feel the same. I honestly feel like they are family. When I say this, I mean it. I am HONORED to know both of them. Not only are they spending their hard earned military money on us, it's on something that has so much meaning.

I am grateful for the many blessings in my life. You two have brought such happiness to my life, and I know that in the years to come we will only grow closer. I look forward to the long haul, knowing that we will watch our children grow up together. We will provide each other with laughter, and  be there through the tears. My only regret is not having known you sooner. More people should be as lucky as we are to have you both in our lives.

Thank you both for the wonderful gift. Charlie will sleep in it every night and I will tell him all about the laughs we have had along the way. When you come to visit, he will know who you are because he sleeps in the gift that you gave him.

I can't wait for Charlie to meet his Aunt Ally and Uncle Aaron.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to say, except for that you made me tear up. We always have to say goodbye to military friends we meet along the way, hoping to stay friends, but 99% of the time that doesn't really ever happen. You guys are the 1%. (Hopefully we will have others too along the way, but you will always be our favorites and bests :) )

    We love you both very much and don't know what we would've done in England without you guys. I'm so glad I was able to come and surprise you, even though my visit was short. Hopefully we can make that trip to Cali this summer. (and we HAVE to take pictures this time! I'm so sad I didn't get any! :( )

    We can't wait to meet our nephew Charlie, and see you guys as parents. We love you guys so much!!!
    xoxoxooxox
    Me

    ReplyDelete