Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Love Letter to Chad

I went to Wal-Mart of Doom today. I had to. They have the largest selection of ice cream. The only thing that could come close to Shamrock Shake would be Smith's Mint Chocolate Chip. Apparently I only like things that are distinctly Northern. I settled for Edy's slow churned mint chocolate chip. It will hold me until Chad comes home with all the item's on the list I have been making for him since he left. This is the letter I composed to him and just sent to his email account.

Dear Chad,
    This is the last trimester of our first pregnancy. I am a bit angry that I have had to go on missions to cure my own cravings. In all the movies, the husband does this stuff. You just up and leave for 7 weeks. Since that happened I have been compiling a list of items I have been craving/need that I expect you to have when I pick you up from the airport. The list is as follows.

Fruit By the Foot (strawberry flavor)
The New Kids On the Block posters that were distributed by McDonald's in the 80's.
1 Easy Bake Oven Cake
Freeze Dried Ice Cream (Vanilla)
Shamrock Shake
Dunkeroo's
Gushers
Crystal Pepsi
Shrinki Dinks (pound puppies edition)
Orbits (the drink)
Orangina
Bubble Tape
Season 1 of Small Wonder (on beta)
Black Walnut Cookies
Hickory Nuts
1 Pair Zips Silver High Tops
A Skip-It (with the counter)
The game "Rattle Me Bones"
1 A-track player and 1 A-track of "Can't Hurry Love"
Slap Bracelets
Pound Puppy I left at the Peds of Akron when I was 6 and I never got back because I have a sneaking suspicion that my Mom thought it was too germ filled to give back.
The book Island Of the Blue Dolphins
Tang
Cassette tape of Boys II Men's single Motown Philly


You come back in 1 week. You better get crackin' on it. I don't want you to greet me with flowers. I want you to greet me with a large basket with all these items. Otherwise, you can walk home.

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment