Friday, June 17, 2011

Birds II

One more reason I hate birds.


We have birds living on our front porch. I may have mentioned before how much I HATE birds. But baby anything is cute, and I am in. We bought hanging baskets and these birds moved in the next day. They laid eggs in a week and a few weeks later there were babies. I thought they only had one batch. Apparently, I was very wrong. For a while it seemed like there was some form of bird sister-wives going on there. There were 7-8 birds all living in that one nest. Then, I noticed more babies in the nest.

We had a bad storm and tragedy struck. It was really sad. The planter came loose from the hook, and the nest and all the babies plummeted to their death. I found their remains the next day, and called Chad to come home and deal with it. He takes out the trash, mows the lawn, and takes care of all death related things.

After the murders occurred, we decided we should probably just not put the planter back up. I didn't really want them to come back and have that happen again. So, we took it down and moved on with our lives.

The commune of birds must have decided that this is where they were going to stay. So they moved to the top of one of our pillars.

 Which resulted in this:



May I present to you... the shit factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment