Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bowels Of Hell

Yesterday Chad, Charlie, and I spent 3 hours at the mechanics down the road. We are preparing to take an unexpected trip, and my Mom instilled the value of not getting stranded on a mountain in West Virginia. So, there we sat. 

There was a lady with her 8-9 year old kid in the waiting area as well. We smiled politely at one another and her child continued to play. He was playing a little gameboy thingy, and she was zoned out on her phone. Completely unaware of her kid. He was a good kid, and the only fault I could actually find with him, was her fault. 

I did indeed think that he had crapped his pants. I can't imagine what she is feeding her child. My best guess is cabbage, broccoli, and diarrhea. Mostly diarrhea. Now, I understand kids fart. This was more like the bowels of hell opened up and unleashed a fury only Chad, Charlie, and I now know. The worst part was that he was interested in the baby, so he would come and sit in the chair beside us and play his game. He would shyly look over at me, and then the smell would ooze over from him. He knew he was doing it! 

The first expulsion I felt sorry for him. Kids sometimes have bowel problems, and that would make growing up difficult. This kid didn't have bowel problems. He had SOMETHING DYING inside of him. 

Look here kid, Charlie has been on earth for 11 weeks. Please don't taint his first few months with the most horrific smell I have ever encountered. The worst part is, that I didn't want to shun the kid. I wanted to punch the mom for clearly not caring about her child's behavior, and for feeding him diarrhea. This went on and on. Why are we as people so polite? Instead of getting up, we just sat there and took it. Chad did however, take Charlie's little baby hand and cover his little baby nose with it. We totally laughed at that and I think the kid got the point. 

My husband is both polite and passive aggressive at just the right times. It's better than punching an 8 year old in the face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment